Tuesday 22 November 2011

Scores

I had practice session for the coming Kemuncak Seni last night. They gave me new scores, again. This time the score is in a lower key. And the worse thing is, the range written is so out of my playing range. It happened before. What I did was transposed it an octave higher. I didn't mind that because that was only a few bars. This time, there are so many parts. When I asked our producer, she just said:"Oh, Is it? Just transpose it an octave higher if you can't play it." Hmm.. Okay... That's what I did, again. Lot's of pencil marks here and there. I was thinking, is it so difficult to understand that my lowest playing range is middle D? How can you write a middle B flat for me? Arranger was sitting next to me during practice. The question kept swimming in my head and I had the urge to post this question to him. Well, at last I didn't.

3 comments:

  1. i don't quite understand the notes and keys part, but.. hahaha... so funny. how can the producer not know such basic things like this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... I really wanted to ask him.. How could u juz ignore the fact that my lowest playing range is D?? Ish.. Benggong betul...

    ReplyDelete