Tuesday 29 November 2011

21st century flute music

            I have done my assignment, finally! I went out to print the assignment at a shop opposite our campus just 30 minutes before class starts. Luckily I was in time. We were told not to do things like that, but we did anyway, Haha.. Our lecturers had a concert at UPSI Panggung Budaya featuring flute and electromusic. The pieces played were 21st century music. There was a piece that requires her to change flutes every few notes and there's another one which we can hear lots of bent notes and bird chirping effects from the keyboard. Somehow I don't get what they are playing. Yeah, there are few unique techniques but the melody line is really... erm... I can say not my kind of taste. I find those pieces boring. I tried to listen with all my heart, but still I can't understand the music. Not only me, my coursemates also feel the same. We thought that maybe we still live in the 1900s. Haha...

2 comments:

  1. i wish i had at least went there. i mean, just to hear the sound of flute.

    ReplyDelete